Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 5: Prayer

So I have been doing this Couch to 5k thing and I have an app on my phone that is designed specifically for this. In case you don't know what the Couch to 5k thing is, click here for more info. So the reason I have been doing this program because I want to change my life for the better. I am a fat girl, and I am not in any kind of shape at all. Anyway, I did Week 4 Day 3 today, and I was having a really hard time getting through the second 5 minute strait run. My mind flirted with stopping mid run and going strait to the walking section and I was even about to press the button to lower the speed until I caught sight of my faith symbol bouncing against my bosom (yes fancy way of saying boobs). Instead of focusing on how tired my legs were or on the cramp creeping it's crampy way into my right calf, I just thought instead. "Thank you Goddess for the strength you have shown me to get through this." I repeated this in my head over and over until I got through the last 2 and a half minutes of the run section.

There is a reason why I didn't ask for strength to get through it, and a reason why I thanked for the strength that I already had seen inside of me. I didn't ask for strength because I knew I already possessed it. Asking for more strength is asking for more weight to help build it. I knew I could do it, and I just had to get through it. People use prayer for many different things, and I mostly use prayer to express how thankful I am that She is in my life, and how I feel Her helping me. The Goddess is with me, as well as within me.

(Pardon my disjointed thoughts, they are still on designing not on writing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment