Saturday, May 11, 2013

Star Gazing

So I saw on the I fucking love science Facebook page that Venus and Jupiter were going to be visible last night (and tonight too!). So I was at my dad's house, and he has wide open spaces, and a clear view of the western horizon. I totally wanted to see the planet/Goddess that ruled my Sun Sign, and add in the king of the gods on top of that? I was all over it like stink on a wet dog. So I waited. Sun was going down, got a beautiful picture of my sons sitting in the doorway, and watched the sunset. I made the hubs bring the binoculars to see her in her glory.

Sun goes down, stars start coming out, Jupiter looking amazingly bright, and still the Goddess of Love and Beauty still didn't show her darling face. I was disappointed! I thought maybe the distant mountains were in my way from seeing her. The darling hubs insisted that I calm down and wait a bit longer while checking out the other early stars that came out to play, and we did. We enjoyed it so much the hubs actually said we should do it more often. I told him if we did we totally need to get a telescope, because that would make it so much more awesome. 15 minutes pass by and I spot her. She was at least a thumbs width above the mountains and I squealed in happiness. It had been a long time since I stopped and checked out the stars and planets. It was amazingly beautiful and I was ecstatic.

Peace, love, and star sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment